Friday, October 23, 2009

Fender and Exhaust

Got the new fender in.  I ended up with the Blue Collar Bobber fender kit.  Was more than I wanted to pay but it's direct bolt on and looks the best I think.  I was a little worried about it being fiberglass but it's really thick and rigid.  I'm happy with it.  I got it test fitted and everything and now just need to wait until I can get it to my buddy Todd for paint.  He's going to paint it the OEM color that's on the tank.

I cut the chrome off the exhaust this week.  The exhaust looked all chrome but it was just one long heat shield basically.  So now I'm left with 2 rusty pipes.  This weekend I'm cutting the pipes down to the size I like, thinking of cutting them on an angle but not sure yet.  Then I'm going to have them sand blasted.  after sand blasting I'm goign to paint t
Publish Post
hem with high temp black paint and wrap them in black heat wrap so just the ends are exposed.  I'm also going to try and find some removable baffles so that I can quiet it down when I want.

I'll try and get updated pictures this week / weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds good. The Bobberkit looks nice.

    Hurry up with the pics ;)

    ReplyDelete