Sunday, October 4, 2009

Bobber Project

Well I've got the rear fender off my Kawasaki Vulcan Drifter and I'm officially done riding for the year. I sold my stock seat within an hour on eBay and will be ordering a LaRosa seat for it this week, if not tonight. Since I'm doing this project on the cheap I did not want to go out and spend $100+ on some tail light and license plate relocate bracket. So what I decided to do is buy a round 4" trailer light with the clear window to light up a license plate. For the bracket I'll attempt to make one myself with a sheet of steel. I don't want to be one of those riders that thinks the more money you dump on parts the better they will be or the better the bike will be. I'n my opinion there is no need for a $100+ steel bracket with a Chinese made brake light when you can get the same thing at the trailer store for $5.00 and make a bracket the cost of a piece of sheet metal.
I'll try and get pics of the bike as it sits now up this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment