Monday, August 10, 2009

Am I nuts?

I have a 2002 Vulcan Drifter 800. I love the bike. I love how it draws a ton of attention and everything. However, I have a love hate relationship with my fenders. you know, the huge Indian looking fenders. They look alright but they make checking the air pressure, cleaning the wheels and tires, checking the brakes, inspecting the chain and lubing the chain and huge pain in the rear. I LOVE bobbers so I'm thinking of ditching the fenders for smaller bobber style ones. I'm thinking of running no front fender for the rest of the season and if I like that then working this winter to get a bobber fender mounted in the rear along with mounting a new rear brake light, turn signals, and license plate holder. So far everyone has told me I was nuts and I should sell the Drifter and get a regular Vulcan to do that stuff to. The thing is, I have the Drifter, got it for a song, and put a lot of work into cleaning the bike up and getting it ready. I don't want to have to deal with selling and buying a new bike to work on. Anyway, I'm sure a lot of think I'm crazy for wanting to chop up a Drifter but I'm really thinking it'll look sweet when I'm done.

No comments:

Post a Comment